BCUIM was set up in 1976 to help people in the workplace
A unique partnership between
- the Anglican Dioceses of Lichfield and Worcester
- the Wolverhampton and Shrewsbury Methodist District
- The Birmingham Methodist District
- the United Reformed Church West Midlands Synod
- the Heart of England Baptist Association.
We are supported by the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Birmingham, Central England Quakers and The Apostolic Church.
Representatives of those churches, together with people from industry and commerce and the Trades Union Movement, are members of our board.
The chaplain team is made up of lay and ordained, paid and voluntary, people who offer a few hours each week to visit employers in industry, commerce and the public sector. Another team visit West Midlands Fire Service stations in the Black Country.